While you may hear the terms alcoholism, alcohol addiction, and alcohol use disorder (AUD) used interchangeably, but they aren’t exactly the same thing. Although similar, there are key differences that affect how we treat and manage your dependency on alcohol. The difference can be subtle, and your therapist will help you determine which form you suffer from.
Alcohol Addiction, Alcohol Use Disorder, and Alcoholism FAQs
- What is Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD)?
- What is Alcohol Addiction?
- What is Alcoholism?
- What Are the Most Recognizable Signs of Alcoholism?
- What Risk Factors Increase Likelihood of Alcoholism?
- What Are the Most Common Signs of an Alcohol Addiction?
- I’m a Binge or Heavy Drinker. Does That Make Me an Addict? Do I Suffer from AUD?
- How Do I Get Help With My Problems with Alcohol?